Nidecker Platinum 165W AM snowboard
This year’s Platinum features a new, even better performing shape for riders who want to spend the whole day on the mountain, and do a little bit of everything: go hunting for powder turns in the backcountry, lay down big carves on the slope, or bust a few airs in the park. It features: our unique N-Tech construction, which combines a cap construction in the nose with a sandwich construction starting in front of the front foot; a soft flex pattern for a comfortable and fatigue free riding experience all day long; a full positive camber between the contact points; and our extremely tough, sintered N7000 base, produced with carbon nanoparticles to provide exceptional glide.
- Mountain Profile: All Mountain
- Positive Camber – Positive Camber is the bedrock for performance snowboards, its extra grip and powerful response have made it the default choice for riders looking for optimum carving performance. The secret to Nidecker's advanced camber is the addition of 8 to 10cm flat transitions at the contact points, delivering the ultimate in precision, edge hold, and stability.
- Round Square Nose – This new generation of nose shape combines a wider profile with a smoother transition to fine-tune the float for a shorter, more compact shape.
- Diamond Tail – This evolution of the all-round tail is compact with a longer transition for increased lift, allowing you to ride switch without compromising the board's responsiveness.
- N-Tech Construction – The result of years of research and development, N-Tech is a unique construction method that represents the future of snowboard manufacturing. It's a combination of Sandwich and Cap constructions, featuring Freeflex in the nose and tail, and a special 3D torsion construction between the feet that delivers a truly 3-dimensional riding experience that is redefining high performance snowboarding.
- Triax Plus – The result of extensive testing with the Nidecker team and engineers, the Triax laminate is oriented at 35 degrees to the board and contains multiple glass densities, providing consistent torsional flex, better pop, and responsiveness on every turn.
- Shape: Directional
- N-7000 sintered – Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000 is an extremely tough, sintered base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- 2x4 - 6 Inserts – With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position. Nidecker's reference stance is the second narrowest position.
- Set Back: 3.0 cm, inserts of the board are mounted 3 cm backwards from the center to the tail
- Rider Weight: 165W - 80+ kg
- Flex: Stiff & Responsive 7/10